|Target version:||030 - Version > 2.xxx|
Add Menu entry to scan downloaded or extracted files at virustotal.
Email from VT:
I had a chat on the #jdownloader IRC channel and it was suggested I write here. On a lot of the file hosts that JD supports, malware authors are publishing their software, posting the links and infecting users. We would like to offer our services for free to our API https://www.virustotal.com/documentation/public-api/ We can offer 4 API requests per minute per IP address or API key. We can help protect your users. Malware executables are typically small so they fit within the limitation of our 64MB file upload.
A couple of ideas
- On the file download queue an optional "rightclick --> [x] Viruscheck after Download" option. Here the user opts-in to scan the file. If a file is of suspicious origin they may choose to do so.
- A VirusTotal Module where a user can opt-in to scan files that match these conditions:
1) files under 64 MB
2) files MIME types of application/octect-stream or executable type files (exe, dll, etc)
- In the unrar/extract module if a file is detected as executable, and under 64MB user can opt-in for scanning.
User has a checkbox where they know about https://www.virustotal.com/about/terms-of-service/
To scan the process would be:
1. calculate the files SHA256 (preferred), SHA1, or MD5 hash.
2. use the file/report API to see if we already have a virus scan report.
3. If we don't have the report, the file is under 64 MB use the file/scan API to send us the file.
4. every 90 seconds poll the file/report API to see if its done scanning.
There is a java wrapper for the API: