Add features to avoid losing links
|Target version:||010 - Next Major Public Release 1.xxx|
There are several problems that users have repeatedly reported regarding losing links.
1) Experienced Users confuse saving the database every 10 minutes with backing up the database every 10 minutes. The database should at least be saved after links are added to the Downloads.
2) When stopping all links, the database should be saved as soon as the last link is stopped. This prevents bugs in other parts of the system from preventing the database save. Stopping all links includes Restart and Shutdown as well as the Stop button.
3) Users tend to power down (including sleep mode or hibernation) before JD has completed its shutdown. The Splash Screen or a balloon notification should be shown at least until the database is saved.
4) On Restart or Shutdown, the database should be backed-up.
5) By default, JDownloader should install with the Scheduler enabled and a mid-day and mid-night "Backup Now!, followed by a Check for Updates Now! I am not including activation of the Scheduler using the Addons menu, because all addons should be active when they are enabled. Ideally, JDownloader should perform these steps at random intervals averaging 12 hours.
6) The remote control should have commands added for action/database/save and action/database/backup. In addition, the remote control should have a action/shutdown/force?limit=seconds (calls for a shutdown, but kills all links and the process after the specified seconds (default 120?).
7) Users do not consider linkgrabber contents as temporary. At a minimum, a file containing the links should be saved (perhaps in CNL2 format so that passwords can be saved).